The Petone Workingmens Club is one of the most popular clubs in the local community of Petone and has excellent facilities for: social interactions, pokies and TAB gaming, a few drinks, some food or hosting events and functions.
The club which has a Literary Institute associated with it was founded in 1887, more than 130 years ago. In 1896, the club purchased the Combers property and it was used by the club for its activities until 1977 after rebuilding it way back 1927.
About The Petone Workingmens Club
The club was opened in its current location at 47, Udy Street in the Petone area of Wellington on 6 August, 1977. A restaurant, and games room were added at the new location and the club has 10,000 members at present.
The Members lounge at the club is open to the members and their guests. The large members lounge includes a mezzanine area with a big screen television, public PC, comfortable seating to watch rugby or other matches. The atrium has natural lighting for those who wish to eat in the open.
The garden bar with has tables and leaners for those who wish to have their drinks, meals outdoor. The TAB area provides all the information required for betting on horses, greyhounds and other sports. There are more than 20 dart boards installed in various areas of the club with four dart boards in the members lounge. The club also has a large library for the book worms among us.
There are a total of thirty pokies gaming machines installed and about four machines have a progressive jackpot. For the 6 pool tables, lights are available for 15 minutes for 50 cents. There also 8 snooker tables with a scoreboard and these are used extensively for tournaments. Quality table lights and cues are ensure a few great games with your mates, family or new friends.
There is a also children’s area with racing games, prize claw machines and football tables. The club has a variety of entertainment options, usually on the weekend night and a dance floor. In addition to cash raffles, different kinds of raffles are held like Meat pack, lotto, oyster and Easter eggs.
|JACKPOTCITY Casino||Bonus||Compatible Devices|
Fast Facts Petone Workingmens Club
- 4 terrific bar sections to have a drink or three.
- Best happy hours in Petone.
- Best food menu in town from the Campbell Terrace Bistro.
- 32+ different beers available and 18+ of these are on tap.
- Massive choice of wines, RTD’s, spirits, cocktails, low and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Private library to have a read in comfy surroundings.
- Be entertained by live music most Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- The popular bistro open 7 days – many daily meal deal specials.
- Hire any one of the 3 functions rooms.
- 17 different adjuncts for all your social interests.
- 14 high quality snooker and pool tables.
- Excellent TAB facilities full size punting area.
- 30 pokies gaming machines with many Lightning Link jackpot games.
- 20+ dart boards to practice your chucking skills.
- Great childrens area to keep the kids entertained.
- Many big TV’s to watch all the popular sports events live.
- Regular raffles and giveaways offered.
- Large outside beer garden area available.
Menu and Food Items
The Campbell Terrace bistro associated with the club offers a wide range of awesome dishes like chicken wing BBQ, soft shell chicken taco, lettuce, Asian medley with dumpling, dim sum, spring rolls, samosas. Other dishes are char grilled rib eye, rump steak, pork chops, garden salads and more.
Pokies Machine & TAB Gaming @ Petone Workingmens Club
The Petone Workingmens Club has a large gaming area with 30 of the latest pokies from Aristocrat and Konami plus a dedicated TAB area for some wagers. This club has all the Lightning Link pokies machines that Kiwis love to play. This is a popular pokies machine gaming lounge venue to visit if you are in the Petone, Lower Hutt area.
**A great club in Petone to play pokies, eat, have a TAB bet, get social, have a drink & watch sports**
Becoming a Member @ the Club
For becoming a member of the club, the applicant should have a proposer and seconder who are financial members of the club for 24 months. The nomination fee for the club is $20. The executive committee will review the application, and if it is approved the member will have to pay the full fee of $54, which becomes due on his birthday.
Rooms for Hire
The club has three conference rooms which can be used for various events like conferences, product launches, gala dinners, wedding receptions. The seating capacity of each of the rooms varies depending on the seating arrangement required. The regular seating options available are U-shape, theatre, boardroom, classroom, cabinet, banquet and cocktail.
The Anzac room capacity varies from 100 to 120, Kensington room capacity from 150 to 200 and the games room has the largest capacity of 200. The rooms have the latest audio visual equipment like microphone, stand, data projector screen, flip chart and whiteboard, audio desk with speakers, laptop and mouse.
Tables, chairs, table cloths, chair covers are provided as required. Food and beverages can be arranged as required.
7 days 8.30 am to late
T: 4-568 5404
Map and Address
Petone Working Men’s Club
47 Udy St,
5012, New Zealand
More Local NZ Pokies Casinos and Online Slot Game Guides
- Naenae Bowling Club Lower Hutt – Bar, Menu and Pokies Gaming Lounge
- Horse & Hound Petone – Menu, Bar and Pokies Gaming Lounge Guide
- Butcher and Brewer Petone – Menu, Bar & Pokies Gaming Lounge
- The Angus Inn Lower Hutt – Bar, Rooms, Menu and Pokies Gaming Guide
- Bellevue Gardens Hotel Lower Hutt – Bar, Menu and Pokies Game Lounge
- Fusion Bar & Grill Lower Hutt – Menu and Pokies Gaming Lounge
|Slot Nite Casino||Bonus||Compatible Devices|